Party Policies on Animals
Animal Welfare Party
Currently has no MPs.
Related to Animal Aid’s four election asks:
- Phase out animal experimentation with binding targets for reduction combined with proper funding & real support for alternatives
Other key animal policies include:
- Avert climate catastrophe, improve human health and save NHS funds by promoting healthy and sustainable plant-based diets.
- Increase penalties for those convicted of animal abuse up to a maximum custodial sentence of 10 years
- End the badger cull and strengthen the fox hunting ban
- Phase out farming practices and systems with poor welfare consequences for animals
- Introduce independently monitored CCTV for all slaughterhouses
- End live animal export and all slaughter without prior stunning